Have you recently browsed home and living magazines online and felt inspired to redo your laundry area? Your laundry room may already look outdated and you may want to give it a fresh look. Or you might want to move your laundry room to a different area that has more space. Companies like CMD plumbing services have experts who can help you decide on the best spot to relocate your laundry room. They also provide suggestions on how you can achieve the look of your laundry room and bathroom that is worth pinning on Pinterest.
However, there are things you need to consider before you contact plumbing experts like CMD Plumbing services to redo your laundry area.
- Safety – If you want to go ahead and relocate your laundry room to a different area in your house, always consider safety as a priority. Always opt for braided steel washer hoses as they won’t split open, unlike rubber ones. Make sure that your metal dryer vent pipe is sealed with foil tape instead of plastic flex hoses as those are considered fire hazards. Having an automatic shut off valve that immediately cuts water once a leak is detected is also a wise addition to your laundry room.
- Proximity to a water source – When you relocate your laundry room or bathroom, make sure that you have access to a water source. Or else, you may need to contact experts like CMD Plumbing services for a water source to be accessible. It would also be best if you have a utility sink added to make washing delicate items easier.
- Proper Ventilation – Make sure that there is ample ventilation when you relocate your washer to a different area. You can have a self-closing exhaust vent installed to keep the indoor air get into your home when the dryer is turned off. A bathroom-type vent fan on the ceiling is also a good idea to keep moisture from building up. Humidity is unavoidable especially if the washer is running all day and this can lead to mold growth. If you want to know what type of vent is best for your laundry area, talk to experts in laundry renovations Melbourne has today to give you better suggestions.
- Enough Storage Space – Make sure that your new laundry area will have enough space to store all your laundry items, like detergent, bleach, fabric softeners and other tools. This is especially important when your laundry area have limited space. You can make use of the wall to mount cabinets and floating shelves.
- Proper drain placement – It’s not enough that you have access to a water supply. You also need to ensure that drainage is available. This is applicable not only to laundry areas but also to bathrooms as well. Before doing any makeover or reinstalling your washer and dryer, check the slope of the floor.
If you also want to redo your bathroom after successfully giving your laundry room a makeover, you can talk to a bathroom renovation company Melbourne has today for a more professional finish. Although going DIY is a cheaper alternative, it might cost you more in the long run especially if you have no prior experience. You can ask for bathroom renovation quotes Melbourne builders offer and compare their prices for you to have a much better deal.
Business Name: CMD Plumbing Address: 21 Hilledge Lane , Mooroolbark, VIC 3138 Contact Name: Cameron Dawson Phone: 03 9727 3418 Mobile Phone: 0433 294 712 Logo URL: http://www.cmdplumbing.com.au/ Tagline: Prompt, Professional, Precise Bathroom Renovations Trading Hours: 9:00am to 5:30pm Trading Days: Monday to Friday Payment Types: Cash, Direct Debit, Credit Card Year Founded: 2001